Chapter 6 - Terrestrial Biomes
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26th
- Hand back graded papers and progress reports to students.
- Section 1 of Chapter 6 - Terrestrial Biome Notes and PowerPoint (slides above)
- Climatograph assignment for Mountain Home, Idaho
- Graph paper for climatograph assignment.
- To answer the associated questions, here is a series of climatographs of various biomes found across the world.
- Notes on the biomes: Savanna & Tropical Seasonal Forest, and Temperate Grassland - (slides below)
- Finish Climatograph assignment.
- Notes on the biome: Chaparral - (slides below)
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30th
- Notes on biome: Tundra
- Notes on biome: Taiga/Boreal
- Netflix Show: BBC's Planet Earth: Season 1, Episode 1: Pole to Pole with video notes (excused if absent).
- Notes on biome: Temperate Deciduous
- Notes on biomes: Temperate Deciduous and Temperate Rainforest
- Assignment: Find a scientific or news article that details a threat to one of the biomes that we've been covering in our notes in class. Attach it to the assignment on google classroom and pre-read BEFORE tomorrow's class.
- Article activity