Chapter One - Introduction to Earth Science
- Learning Style Questionnaire
- Learning Style Feedback
- Signed Syllabus - DUE 8/18 FRIDAY
- Chapter 1 Notes - 1.1 What is Earth Science?
- Additional Announcements: Regular Release Time (No Tiger Time)
- Chapter 1 Notes - Finish 1.1 What is Earth Science? Notes and go over 1.2 Scientific Method
- (2nd Period = Assembly)
- Hypothesis WS DUE 8/18 FRIDAY
- Additional Announcements: Back to School Night ("Open House") from 5 to 6pm
- Scientific Method WS - 20 min of in-class time to work on assignment; remainder is homework
- Chapter 1 Notes - Metrics
- Additional Announcements: Back to School Bash (6-9pm) in Senior Lot with a Dance to follow in the gym from 9-11pm
- Data Analysis - There will be a lab followed by instruction on how to complete various graphs given sets of information.
- Additional Announcements: There will be a full solar eclipse today. We should be able to see a portion of this around 11:20am this day. Please remember to NOT look at the sun (or any portion of the sun) directly and with no eye protection. All solar-eclipse approved eye-wear will have the following printed on them: "ISO 12312-2"
8/22 TUESDAY and 8/23 WEDNESDAY - 90 MIN BLOCK
- Density - What is it and how do we calculate it?
- Mass, Volume, Density, and Metric Measurement Lab
- Density WS - DUE 8/28 MONDAY
- Mass, Volume, Density, and Metric Measurement Lab WS - DUE 8/24 THURSDAY
- Scientific Method Quiz
- Chapter 1 Notes - 1.3 The Big Bang
- Big Bang WS - DUE 8/28 MONDAY